Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underdogs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plans For NA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Hey guys I am new to the guild but have been playing DFO since beta and will be joining you guys on NA launch.

I was wondering what kind of plans we have for launch day(s).

Are we going after a hamlet? City? ETC

I am enjoying my time in the clan and I love being organized. As we saw from the euro release there will be a bit of a mad dash for the city.

SO i guess what I am asking is...

a) do we have plans to meet up at a specific location to hold players off a ham?
b) Do we have plans to logg in and immidiatly farm the gold we need as a guild?

I am a big fan of being organized becasue since we will be starting on day one, no one will be ahead of us. If we play it right we can get off to a great start.

Anyways, good to be here. Smile

Motz Zed.
Back to top Go down
Logoth

Logoth

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 pm

I dont know if it is me but I sense excitement in what you wrote. It is good to see that you want to know whats going on. I can tell you that there is a plan and the time for sharing that plan is coming soon. When I say "soon" I dont mean it like developer does. I would think that you will hear much on vent in the next week of exactly what you want to know.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Yes there is definatly alot of excitment here. haha And since we are all getting off to a fresh start its awsome to have a good plan.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Also, where can I find vent info? Razz
Back to top Go down
Logoth

Logoth

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:20 am

teamego.clanvent.com / port 8645
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Don't forget about me on vaca. Do we think we have the numbers to hold a saught after city? I know I will harvest like a motherfucker but with our numbers what is a resonable goal for day 1. And week 1?
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:11 pm

I will be on harvesting like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Killer
Admin

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 am

Well depending on the exact numbers on day 1 we will get a city I am very confident of that. I will assure everyone I have already planned safety nets in the bizarre case we do not get a city. We probably have about a week to really fortify and build up our city until some larger clans max out weapon smithing and thus are ready to fight. So my goal week one is walls bank and housing and some local alliances. I think that is pretty reasonable at this point.

The two most important things we must do is get as many people Day 1 NA as possible and the other is have a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 am

I can't wait to get on vent with the guild and chat about location and haresting plans Very Happy Very exciting!
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I know the importance of being localized from day 1. But will it not be better for recruitment to have players representing each race? I know I probably have 3 friends who want to join at launch. I realize that other players would be at a disadvantage without the ability to safely bank and train, especially new ones. Are our plans still set on elf?
Back to top Go down
Killer
Admin

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah our number one choice is in the elf lands. I am rolling Alfar after we get the city. So i can easily recruit in the alfar lands over the first few days I know we will have elves, humans, and dwarfs. Zero is going Orc so recruitment wise we should be solid. Were ever we end up city wise we will get a bank first then houses then walls and so quickly we will have a city to work out of.

Jacoby are your friends going to be with us day 1 to grab the city? That would be great to get a few more guys involved.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:32 pm

I see we have 80 players in the guild on EU at the moment. How many of those are expected to be with us on launch day?
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:07 pm

From what I've been told I'll have 3 friends who are veteran gamers but noobs to darkfall. They loved the idea of starting day 1 as soon as servers are up. I'm working on getting them on the forums and such in the next few days. As forhow many players are rerolling day 1 I have no idea. While we won't have huge numbers day 1 ithink we will have a solid group of 10-15. I haven't been online in a while between me not renewing and vacation. I would expect our numbers to atleast double the first couple of days. Does anyone know our plan on alliances or are we just playing it by ear? I wish I could just fastforward to the 13th. Does anyone know what time the servers are planned to go up?
Back to top Go down
Killer
Admin

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:34 am

No clue on time. We have been making some handshakes with other clans but the main thing is going to be day 1 we get a city. Day 2 we meet our neighbors and probably see if they are down to form some sort of alliance. This will be key in the first few weeks.

You are very right though Jacoby we will need to do some heavy recruiting the first few days to get our numbers up. I am glad to have your friends aboard and I think 10 - 15 is a great estimate for that first day. Depending on a few things we might get up to 20.

No word on when the server will be up that day. Knowing AV it will be totally random.
Back to top Go down
Killer
Admin

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 am

Motz I would estimate 20 - 25 total transfer but 10 - 20 day 1.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Villages   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:36 pm

I've been reading about how much gold u can get from some villages. Should it be a goal for us to get siege hammers early to take advantage of this free income? Also is it possible for someone to map the primo villages around our starting point? Finally does anyone understand the function of doors? Besides keeping players out. Since they are player crafted they will have durability correct?
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 am

If I were to take a guess. I would bet that there are lots of villigas near cities. Since there are so many of them. AND since ppl were capping city bindstones easy. Also, villiages are much easier to take then a city or hamlet. We sould go for a city first. hard. then go for a villiage.

in my oppinion.

I would really love to see a vent meeting where we can all chat and see whose comming with us to launch. I have not even had a chance to tlak to lots fo you. Maybe we coul organize that soon?
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 am

Since u haveto recap villages every 6 hours it's really something we could just do on the side. Especially if we were one of the first to make siege hammers in our area. I have been out of town since last week, but normally I am online 12+ hours a day. If no one is in our vent we may still have people in our euro alliance vent. I agree a city should be first priority and am ready to work 100% towards that goal. Imagine the recruitment bonus that will give us being able to say we have a city after day 1. Man I am just giddy about this release. But yea our vent was dead after the announcement for na 1. I'm sure it will be much more lively in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:34 am

I hve the euro alliace info but if some one could toss me our personal vent info that would be sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:35 am

And yeah on day one ill be pumping about 6 energydrinks and some perks. Will be farming like mad.
Back to top Go down
Killer
Admin

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 am

I am glad to hear all of this excitement. I already took the 13th and 14th off I am pumped to grab our city. Jacoby we will be pumping someone to 75 weapon smithing to get the hammers.

Our NA vent info.

ventrilo7.va.powervs.com

port: 5037
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:13 am

I am trilled that we are powerleveing a crafter up. i am more then willing to help with that. I am liking the organization you guy are showin. Definatly what I was looking for, for NA. Smile

Can't wait to chat more about this. 2 days away Very Happy:D vent meetig??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plans For NA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For NA   Plans For NA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plans For NA
Page 1 of 1