Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underdogs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan Rules.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motz Zed

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 am

It might be a good idea to wrie up formal clan rules. This way when we get a recruit, they can be referred to the foums rather than having to be told every one.

Also, as people learn thm it will get etter but there have been several incidents where some one has been confused about rules (harvesting in particular). it would be handy to have them as a reference for those situations (and will probably be a step to avoiding those types of situations).

Now I am not trying to say I am personally confused with a rule, so lets not go all off saying how dumb motz is. All I am saying, is it is probablya good idea to hav formal rules. Very simple thing any clan is wise to have.

Motz.
Back to top Go down
Marco

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 pm

No one would read a rules list if we had one. If there are rules they can be communicated via vent and clan chat.
Back to top Go down
Motz Zed

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 am

"No one would read them" is not a very good reason to NOT have a formal set of rules. A leadership can easily sa .. hey. go read this man. And when theres a problem, you can send them to the rules they "should" have read.

The fact is weather everyone uses them or not...its a good idea to have them available. I will personally write this post up if the leaders + other officers wish. (and as they verbally state they should be written).
Back to top Go down
Loono

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:23 pm

IMHO,
we need to have the rules all written down somewhere.

And the fact that no one is going to type this long ass url to come to the forum and look for the rules forum is not an issue. "No one would read them" because no one would see them, sure...

You need to make the members interested in looking at the forums, but the rules shouldnt be in a forum anyways, its not something to talk about with members, rules could have a dedicated page that is non debatable or be sent by email.

if i was leadership, i would start organizing a list of emails from members, each member would receive a first welcome email with all the details they need to know, who is in charge of what, where to address complains, rules bla bla bla... then this list could be used to send updates to everyone, for example if we need to have a clan meeting, if there is a new division opening, bla bla...

Currently there is an in game application, this is good, however i think the way i would handle this would be as follow :
- member is recruited through in-game sign up.
- As a recruit, he is told that in order to go up in ranks ( private), he needs to A) give his email address so he can receive further instruction B) then with the information received(url), he can sign up in the forums and introduce himself, ppl could tell us about their past games played, where they live, how much time they play/week, around what time can they be found online, what clan in DF have they been in before, etc...

Also, i would try to have ppl use the rss feed of the forums, like that you can easily see if there is a new post. http://imperil.uniogame.com/rss/?f=8 for the US server.

By doing this you are certain that anyone with the rank "private" and up knows the rules, and if they break them, then there should be consequences, maybed not booted out right away, idk, it depends on the situation, but no one should be given unlimited chances to screw up. Perhaps each member would have their offences posted in their introduction thread, so it would be sort of like a history too, with documentable proofs... idk, anyhow this goes way beyond the scope of this thread... i jsut got carried away
Back to top Go down
Subdural Hematoma

Subdural Hematoma

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:34 pm

every guild i have ever been in since UO has had some rules that they write down, a charter..ect. the larger the guild, the more details that are needed.

I know that vent is the best way for the leadership to agree to things, and it is instant, but at times a forum where you can read rules, and then understand does help.

i would have no problems helping out if someone wanted some basic rules for the leadership/SG to review and then put in as 'orders'...

Subby.

ps.. i really like this Kin, thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Marco

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Fair enough, I get it now. So do it.
Back to top Go down
Marco

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:53 am

Loono, if you want help doing email blasts let me know. I do corporate email newsletters and have the appropriate software. Also I know the legal requirements.
Back to top Go down
Loono

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Quote :
Loono, if you want help doing email blasts let me know. I do corporate email newsletters and have the appropriate software. Also I know the legal requirements.
You're talking about doing a imperil email blast ? I'm not writing that stuff, i was just suggesting someone high ranked should... I can help, ive got ideas and i can also help with the graphic design aspect, but as far as actually writing down the clan's rules and objectives and policies n stuff im really not high ranked enough to do those things, heck, i dont even know what Imperil's vision is.

But yeah, it would be great to start organizing the clan a bit more, having a real sense of structure, a plan , a vision so that everyone in the clan share some common goals sort of.

Imperil is HUGE and full of good people, i wish this was my clan, the possibilities are endless.
Back to top Go down
Subdural Hematoma

Subdural Hematoma

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 am

I totally do not want to step on anyones toes... but I think if I write up some of our 'charter' then, perhaps the SG's would approve it, alter it, or decide other...

ill have some time tonight..
Back to top Go down
jacoby jackalope

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:08 pm

sounds great. I think you have a basic idea. we just need to focus on what the levy will be and how often we collect. If it changes based on rank and what the substantial donations are going to be in order to be eligible to be promoted.

Ill be willing to help take mats from members. we should require they post in some section of the forum and have an officer sign off on it.
Back to top Go down
Marco

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 am

I wanted to have at least a basic start, I am a low rank member of the clan but thought i could pitch in a little. This is merely a guideline for higher ranked players to modify and make additions too. We have been talking about this for weeks with no results. I hope this helps get the ball rolling.

Imperil Mission:

Imperil seeks to provide a large base of mature, active members in a fun and relatively casual, intra-clan environment.

Imperil Vision:

Most importantly, we hope to provide unique and memorable in game experiences with like-minded individuals. We provide the benefits of a large clan, without the drawback of being just another face in the crowd. By means of membership donation, we hope to grow our cities, expand to new areas, build new structures, and level our crafters.

A large amount of work and donating has taken place in order to build our city, to continue growth and promote loyalty, certain rules have been put into place to keep our city competitive.

General Guidelines to Membership

Rules of Conduct:
Imperil is a friendly and mature community. To preserve this experience, some forms of conduct will result in irrefutable expulsion from the clan.

If you talk down to clan members, steal from the clan or members, attack an allied guild, steal from an allied guild, or are prone to causing inter or intra clan arguments you will be demoted or removed from the guild. No insulting, harassing, or griefing clan members or allies.

Unless rank captain or higher, you may not harvest from the clans purchased resources. These resources include the mine, the farm, the quarry, and the grove. One warning will be issued upon violation of this rule; a second violation will result in demotion or expulsion. If you are seen using a resource, you will be killed and any harvested resources will be removed from your gravestone and put in the clan bank.

Respect the opinions and requests of fellow clan members

If the city is under attack, do your best to help defend

Be on Vent at all times while playing Darkfall. If you do not have a valid excuse, or we do not believe you, you will be kicked. If you do not have a password please contact Zero PSI, or Jacoby Jackalope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Rules.   Clan Rules. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Rules.
Page 1 of 1