The Underdogs

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maranach

PostSubject: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 am

Well, I mean most of you probably know about it already, but you never know, Thought i'd put it out here anyways for new members.

There's a kobold camp just north of the elf capital with a quest to it not far away where it tells you to kill as many kobolds as you can within one hour, with a minimum of 10 to complete the quest, for each addional kobold you kill, you get 2gp.

Me, Fireball and Loki did this today before the maintenance for a lil over an hour, Loki gained like 6 or 7 skill ups in polearms around lvl 20ish to 26 or so, so it's a good skill up places compared to the drops. They drop 5-10 gold a kill, it varies, along with padded armor, lots of arrows, and various other things. It's a good place to go if you don't have anything special to do!'

-Maranach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killer
Admin

PostSubject: Great Post   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Maranach

This is exactly the type of information we need. That is a lot of gold and good skill ups. On NA-1 Day one this is something we should strongly consider. I would ask though how many people do you think could farm their? 5 or maybe 10 without it running out.

-Killer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

3 min, 5 max.

Less than 3, Goblins are better, more then 5 you should split into groups. I'll post what I got after an hour of soloing Goblins, loot wise.

Here you go. This is after 30 MINUTES of Goblin killing.

97 GP (65 from 1 drops, 32 from gold drops)
Two magical staves, each with decent durability.
6 Resin
10 Bones
8 Sulfur
45 Arrows
4 Leather
1 Minor Stamina pot
A couple pieces of food

The Goblin area that I hunted in was mostly abandoned (NW of the Elven city, rather then the one closest, which is usually packed.)

Last edited by Loki on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maranach

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Well, When Me, Loki and Fireball came there, there was no spawns at first, yet no other people either, We found some eventually, and they spawned at a rate with 1-2 minutes inbetween, which just kept going faster and faster as we killed.

We did the quest as a aim, giving 80g for completing and another 2g for each kobold killed within the one hour limit. When we were closing up to our last ten minutes of farming the kobolds were just spawning rapidly beyond belief, in packs of four ending at a rate where i could barely even loot the gravestones before i had two or three more kobolds attacking me.

I'll provide further information of the exact location of the quest giver (which is at a wild bank by the way, so you can bank, get anything you need so on just a minute away) and other information wanted.

At launch, this would be a GREAT place to camp, if we have some of us there at nearly all times, making some sort of killing shifts, we could have kobolds spawning at insane rates 24/7.

Or as an example:

If Me, Loki and Fireball starts off doing this quest, after half an hour Zero, Killer and Guts pop by to do the same quest, we're now 6 people killing, making it both faster, increasing the spawn rate (from what I understand from merely watching how they spawn) after another 30 minutes, we 3 can go turn in our quest, bank, get the quest again, and come back.

Then we're killing kobolds again the 6 of us, another 30 minutes, Zero, Killer and Guts can go turn in the quest, grab it again, bank, so on. Come back. Rinse and repeat, it's fast, easy money, as well as skill ups!

This is of course just an idea, can be tweaked to preferences in any way, merely to give an idea of what i'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maranach

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm

The place there is big, with around 3 different spawn spots from what i understood, I do now know if the kobolds in the area only spawn at one spot at a time, or if they can spawn at two spots at the same time. To better understand what i mean

3 spawn areas.

1 at the bottom of the 'hole' (the area is some sort of crater)
1 at the middle level
1 at the top level

They seem to spawn in packs of 4 at a time.

But what i am unsure of is that if there can be a spawn of 4 at both the bottom level and the middle level at the same exact time.

It does seem though, that there is only 4 spawned at any one time. As when we have killed all the kobolds after they spawn, when we first get there. There are no spawns at the other areas either.

So I believe it is a 'set amount' of kobolds spawning at all the areas. So the smart thing to do would be to have people at the same location, and not spread out.

As kobolds seem to spawn where there are players, and where they got killed last.

example:

If I kill 4 kobolds at the bottom level, and Loki is at the middle level, as long as i stay there, and don't move up or anything. It would seem to be a much higher chance for them to respawn down by me, than by Loki.

I hope this helps in any possible way. If there are any questions about this spawn, it's just to ask, i'll answer from the best of my ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 am

That could work if you had say... 6 people. 2 at each spawn, and that was their "postiion" that they didn't leave unless another group of players needed some serious help. This can of course be modified depending how high their skills are, items, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 am

Update.

In the patch, the loot was supposedly updated. It's worth checking out, in my opinion. ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Loki wrote:
Update.

In the patch, the loot was supposedly updated. It's worth checking out, in my opinion. ;D

Here is the loot for a one run in the kobolds.

Gold drops: 284
Item drops: 200

That's 484 total on drops alone

5 Quartz dropped

6 Eyes

325 arrows

10 Minor Stam pots,

9 Minor Health Pots,

2 Healing Pots

The general drops were chain and cloth armor with generally decent durability, bows, lots of polearms (impalers) and lots of twohanded swords, as well as a bunch of skinning knives.

This is of course added to the quest bonus. I made 346 gold and 163 arrows in an hour, not including the bones that we skinned, or the eye/quartz that dropped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:53 am

Great Research guys, I am very impressed about the accurate detail. I know Zero has already set up a map of the creeps locations. Once we get the details on most of those creeps we will be able to make a crap load of money on day one and that will gurantee a city for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:23 am

What creeps do you need details on?

Could you make a list?

And to make things easier..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:54 am

I think the ceil fay might be interesting to get numbers on, the sinister map lists them as medium difficulty. I will also look over more of the sinister map to see more listings.

I am not sure if everyone is aware of it but it is great to say the least.

http://www.afraidyet.net/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=Darkfall_Map

“Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself” - Mahatma Gandhi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here   

Back to top Go down

Bored? Wanna skillup? Read here
Page 1 of 1